7.24.2006

My family likes to shake the shaggy dog

At the reunion banquet dinner in Big Sky there was a cover band. From the first note of the first song - Hurt So Good - until I retired four hours later as the band rallied on with a forgetten Poison song, the dance floor was packed with four generations of boogiers. The children made most of the requests and the long haired band leader was very impressed with their musical knowledge. The set list (from memory) included, but was not limited to, the following:

YMCA
We Are Family
Sweet Home Alabama
I Will Survive
I Want You to Want Me
Any Way You Want It
A Van Halen song
Twist and Shout - Beatles
American Girl
*Dead or Alive
Brown Eyed Girl
I Want to be Sedated
You Really Got Me
A David Bowie song
567-5309
Brick House
Funky Town
Love Shack
Just What I Needed
Billy Jean
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Old Time Rock n Roll
Dancing Queen
Shook Me All Night Long
Blister in the Sun
Play that Funky Music
Wild Thing - Tone Loc
Tricky
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
A Joan Jett song

*Cousin Jimmy was coaxed onstage by the family and the band to sing a song of his choosing. I was surpised and delighted by his choice. Later, when some young drunk locals stormed the dance floor and asked him what band he was in, he told them "Creed." It was hilarious.

No comments: